Monday, March 26, 2012

Time for the sages to step in

Monday, March 26, 2012


The writing tide has gone out and it’s not flowing back in a timely fashion in my neck of the woods this week. 
Today my “write” mind is as the rusty burn barrel that is sitting upside down on the south side of the old red barn in my farmyard. There’s nothing in this noggin but an empty space. 
It’s been a very tough week on the wild mouse rollercoaster. I’m going to sit back and eat chocolate and let the sages I hold dear take the floor from here. 
Some quotes are anonymous and others are not. 
It’s all short and sweet and  . . . until next week  . . .




“If you can’t see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.” 


“Few situations can be bettered by going berserk.” - Melody Beattie


“Everyone is gifted – but some people never open their package.” 


“I have learned that when you harbor bitterness, happiness docks elsewhere.” 


“In exchange for the promise of security, many people put a barrier between themselves and the adventures in consciousness that could put a whole new light on their personal lives.” – June Singer


“I’ve learned that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.” 


“Watch your thoughts; they become your words. Watch your words; they become your actions. Watch your actions; they become your habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”


“When the path is blocked, back up and see more of the way.” 


The fastest way to freedom is to feel your feelings.” – Gita Bellin


“Believing is all a child does for a living.” – Kurtis Lamkin


“To see takes time.” – Georgia O’Keeffe




“To journey without being changed is to be a nomad. To change without journeying is to be a chameleon. To journey and to be transformed by the journey is to be a pilgrim.” 


“Today I shall behave as if this is the day I will be remembered.” – Dr. Seuss


“We tend to make the thing in the way the way.” 


“When I was five years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon


“Expectation is the root of all heartache.” – William Shakespeare


“How people treat you is their karma. How you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer


“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” – Albert Einstein

No comments: